No Purchase Necessary

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wienerschnitzel Wednesday:

Sweet Wednesday! Today is awesome because from 5-8pm they sell hot dogs for $0.25! That's 25 cents each, with NO COOKING!!! That means I can completely get wasted on my ride today and know that I'll be saved by this tiny hotdog shop on Broadway. Last week I got 5, and tonite I only got 4 but added a side of chilli for 40 cents. I rode 120 miles today after starting the 7:30am group ride. I actually dropped myself 30 miles in because I had to pee. Seriously, it happened again but this time it wasn't during a race. The locals take these rides a little too seriously, and they aren't even that strong. I've been using the "first in training, last in racing" mentality considering it's J-A-N-U-A-R-Y !!! My team and I are getting in plenty of shape though. In fact I will be racing this weekend in Pheonix, then again two weeks from this Sunday. After that I will be racing every weekend from then on, including the Vuelta Sonora in Mexico. I just realized this today, so I'm definitely shocked that the offseason is really no longer. Well, I'm once again at my favorite cafe but that could change because their internet is not working well tonight. That's not really the only reason I show up here though. I can't wait till tomorrow when they have open mic. It will either be very loud and bad forcing me to sit outside, or mellow and sound awesome. Last time it was awesome and I believe I was the only person in the place without a guitar and my name on the list. I'll be wearing my Scum T-shirt for sure to put all these trendy hippies in their place. Plus it's HOT! Tomorrow, I'll get to sleep in too and ride whenever I get up in the afternoon for only 3 hours, but mostly by myself.

***I have a picture of what $2.78 can buy. Those are 58 cent 2L Sodas btw!

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kid, I like this blog thing. It's good to hear you're doing well, and you sound happy. I knew you'd love it! Well it's way past my bedtime and unfortunately not all of us get to sleep in and then bike ride our day away.. JK, JK. Just wanted to say good luck this weekend! You'll be great.
-el fan numero uno ;)
p.s. 4 hotdogs? seriously? who eats that? ... even for a quarter..

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Steve Driscoll said...

Mikey,

That Blue Moon glass looks stolen, I mean familiar.........

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey son!
I just won the lottery! So, you can come home and eat steak with me and forget about being a pro cycling all over Europe....Just testing ya,
And who is claiming to be fan numero uno? ;)
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home