No Purchase Necessary

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Last ATO...

Welp,...I can't believe how much crap I've gotten when I don't blog. Sorry it's been awhile. There is a race coming up this Sunday in Phoenix, and it has a lot of climbing in it! Also, our new kits came in and they are pretty sweet and sharp looking. Today Josh, Johnny, and Todd rode with me to Kitt Peak. It's 48 miles to the base of a 12 mile, 7000ft hill. 7 hours and 120 miles later I'm getting refreshed on rainbow sherbert at Epic. Today marked the last of my ATOs here in Tucson. Oh, what are ATOs? Well they are kind of like LSDs back home in Lincoln Land. Long Slow Distance rides = Another Tanning Opportunity. I'm calling it my last because from now on I will be lathering myself up with SPF45. I am already as tan as my darkest days in July. I don't need anymore sun and I need my skin to stay soft and looking 20 years old for the rest of my life. I'm skipping out on Wienerschnitzel tonite. After bonking worse than ever today I don't think my stomach is up for 20 hot dogs. Weird! Yesterday I had fun at work as I'm still being "trained." It's just about learning where everything is and which girls have issues, which one's are legal. Stuff like that. I forgot how easy work is compared to this cycling thing. However it's the training that is hard. This season is going to be super fun with a team as strong as Mesa. I'm really excited to have started racing after my extended offseason. I'm also really thankful for everyone supporting me down here. Oddly, noone has said, "You're crazy, what are you thinking!" Okay wait, everyone's said that a time or two, but not about me driving 1500 miles with everything I own in my Focus. I definitely owe a big Thanks to everyone and I definitely miss home and everyone! Wow, I'm calling it food time now though, totally!

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Sunday in Phoenix. I went to St. Louis to see a new Microsoft product Thursday. Too bad you couldn't help me get a cheap rate at these hotels.
I'll be home Friday nite if you can call. BTW, I took a big risk yesterday playing Basketball against the 8th graders. But the faculty won! Don't worry I'll recover soon!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey no purchase,
glad to hear you miss us all in the land of lincoln. We're all rooting for you to do well in your up coming races.
I enjoy reading your bolgs. Please don't leave so much time in between your entries.
your aunt Karri

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you want to get some more crap? if not, get blogging... this isn't a psycho killer... just a psycho mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home