No Purchase Necessary

Sunday, February 19, 2006

High Everyday

I'm surprised I've found a second to finally get back to my blog. Unfortunately I won't type everything I want because my right index finger is still numb. I jabbeb an X-acto knife into it Thurs and have lost all feeling at the tip, weird. At least it stopped bleeding yesterday. It may seem like I fall off the face of the Earth sometimes, but trust me that is impossible. In the past 4 days I've spent 20+ hours riding my bike. At 9000 feet that is!! I'm planning to do at least the same starting tomorrow (Monday) this week before MEXICO. I'm really getting anxious, even if it means getting my butt kicked a little. Josh and I will do one final "Shootout" Saturday and a crit on Sunday in Phoenix. Then it's off to MEXICO on Tuesday (Feb 28th)! Not really though, because the first stage begins in Tucson. Then 6 days and like 500+ miles later we end up somewhere 8hrs south in MEXICO. Realistically, this will probably be my second to last blog before I get back. My life will soon consist of 100 mile races and massages everyday for an entire week. Don't worry because I'm not going to drink the water! I'm just going to ride hard and "look" at the beautiful senoritas,..I mean scenery! BTW, Happy Belated Valentine's Day to everyone! I had a long blog thought out for it, but I ended up climbing another 10 miles (160 total) to a beautiful sunset on Mt Lemmon that day instead. Yep, I'm keeping busy on the bike even if though there are so many "Uggs" out here. So, today was the Tour de Groundhog in Springfield, IL where all of my friends and former teammates are having a ball in freezing degree weather. I wish I could be there, I forget how much fun freezing your nuts numb can actually be! I can't wait to see everyone again mid-March!! For now it's back to 100 mile rides and recovering with movies. "That's how I roll!..." (Can anyone tell me where in what movie that is. I just saw it for the first time, think Jack Black). Be back later, just before the Vuelta!

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Woody said...

Jack Black says it in Anchorman right before he boots Baxter off the bridge. I love that movie :)...Baxter is that you??? Bark twice if your in Milwaukee!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun in mexico! you'll be great! just get that paper FINISHED!! .. oh wait, i don't have to say that anymore... ;)

p.s. cheryl and lance are over, happy now? p.p.s. get that email from chew?...another engaged one bites the dust, crazy i tell you, crazy. apparently the wedding's in mexico, you should look him up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home