No Purchase Necessary

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Seeing Sunbrellas

It's the eve of Mexico! The rest of the team has flown in today and I got to race once more before the Vuelta Senoritas starts. Race report: The Sun Devil Crit in Tempe, AZ was a 70 minute, 1/2 mile, two-turn crit, Just my course! Again there was a strong field including three Mesa riders plus our Director Sportif. I had to take a flyer on the first lap which sounded like more fun that it actually was, and then breaks started to launch. Josh launched himself and me from the field so I could sprint to the group. I made it with about 20 others who then lapped the field. Then Josh led me out for the final 2 laps. I said, "Joshua Carter led ME out!" But like a crazy field sprint I got boxed in the final turn and missed my Jelly Belly wheel to the finish and got 8thish in the sprint. So I may have made 10thish for the day. I'm definitely feeling strong for Mexico and am really excited. It is however the biggest race of my career so far. So there is some nervousness, plus just being in Mexico! Oh well, I really like my team and I have nothing to lose so I'm just going to be safe and have fun. All I know for the next week is that "Pressure makes diamonds." -and the massages should be nice too! Nos deseo suerte.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck in Mexico... To celebrate, we'll have tacos when you get back... (well, maybe you'll have had plenty of those, so maybe we'll have a good steak or even better a hot dog!!) Have a great race and a safe one. See you soon... mum and SteveA

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the crit. Be safe in Mexico and stay away from the aqua and senorita's. They are both bad for you. See you soon,

Robert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home